Updated February 7, 2018
We’re Hiring Summer 2018 Interns
Human Impact Partners seeks 2 to 3 summer interns to support our research projects with our nonprofit organization in Oakland, California.
We conduct policy-focused, innovative, and strategic research that evaluates health impacts and inequities to support targeted campaigns and movements for social change. We also amplify the use of that research through advocacy and by mobilizing the health community to use their voice and expertise in support of social change. Our research and advocacy efforts primarily focus on economic security, criminal justice, and equitable built environment domains.
Working alongside HIP staff, intern responsibilities include:
- Conduct literature reviews and collect baseline conditions data.
- Collect and analyze data using quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Write up research findings for reports, issue and policy briefs, and other materials.
- Translate HIP’s research findings into materials for public health professionals to advocate around social determinants of health, including criminal justice, economic security, immigration, gentrification/displacement, and other policies.
- Support efforts to engage and mobilize public health advocates in Public Health Awakened, an emerging movement organizing for health, equity, and justice.
- Participate in lobbying and direct advocacy efforts with decision makers.
- Develop content for HIP’s communications channels, including website, email
campaigns, and social media platforms (Twitter and Facebook).
- Write blog posts on the intersection of public health, health equity, and social justice issues for our Medium channel.
- Working towards a master’s degree in public health or other field with connection to social policy
- Strong research, writing, communications, and/or advocacy skills
- Understanding of social justice, health equity, and social determinants of health
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good interpersonal relations
Hourly rate: $15-$18/hour, depending on experience
Internship timeframe: 3 months in the summer of 2018 (we are flexible on start/end dates)
Time commitment: Full-time
Location: Oakland, CA
How to Apply
- To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume including 3 references, and a brief writing sample indicating research skills to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications are due by March 2, 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Human Impact Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people with lived experiences related to the issues we work on (such as criminal justice, economic security, immigration), people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ folks to seek employment or board opportunities with us.