Below we list our training and TA offerings — contact us to learn more.
Email us to schedule a conversation: firstname.lastname@example.org
HIP offers tailored, hands on consulting to public health organizations — offering each partner personalized support based on their unique context, needs, and goals.
We work with leadership, staff, and other stakeholders to create the conditions for systems change. We respect our partners’ social and political contexts, while encouraging them to experiment and take risks with what feels possible around equity and racial justice.
Training and Technical Assistance topics include:
- Introduction to Health Equity with a focus on racial justice and power-building
- Advancing Health Equity with Health Equity Guide Strategic Practices
- Application of Equity and Power Tools (Root Cause Analysis, Equity Lens Tool, Applying a Power Framework)
- Communication for racial justice, including narrative change and framing
- Health Impact Assessment to advance policy change
- Partnerships between health departments and grassroots organizers
- A public health approach to community safety for health departments
- Prior to the pandemic, HIP’s preferred modality was in-person engagement of anywhere from a half-day to two full days.
- Currently, we are only offering virtual engagements, with a preference for shorter sessions that can keep participants engaged.
- HIP has provided training and technical assistance to leadership and staff at myriad public health organizations, including state and local health departments, national public health associations, foundations, nonprofits, and others.
- Contact us for a list of partners.